Food is more and more considered as an emerging multidimensional policy challenge. In fact it regards ecological concerns, social and public health problems, economic perspectives, spatial patterns and City planning. In 2015 the Municipality of Milan adopted its own Food Policy with the aim to develop sustainable food systems to deliver healthy and accessible food to all, protect biodiversity and fight against food waste. At the same time it promoted the Milan Urban Food Policy Pact through which 132 (and growing) cities from all over the world committed to make urban food systems more inclusive, resilient, safe and diverse.
OpenAgri is a first answer of this type to the challenge. The project will create an "Open Innovation Hub on Peri-Urban Agriculture" in Cascina Nosedo, an ancient farmhouse located in Porto di Mare, an area defined as “urban fringe”, representing the transition zone between the consolidated part of the City and the agricultural lands. This is where the City ends. “Cascina Nosedo” will be re-structured and will serve as a living lab for social inclusion, jobs and skills creation, open innovation along the food supply chain while increasing the level of resilience and sustainability of the City.
Cineca will contribute designing Open Badges and Open Badge Pathways for the "New Skills for New Jobs in PeriUrban Agriculture" growing in the hub.
- Comune di Milano
- Camera di Commercio, Industria, Agricoltura e Artigianato - Chamber of commerce
- Fondazione Politecnico di Milano - Research Center
- Fondazione Parco Tecnologico Padano - Incubator dedicated to technological companies and startups
- Università degli studi di Milano - University
- Politecnico di Milano - University
- Avanzi - Think Thank
- Cineca - Reaserch Center
- FUTURE FOOD INSTITUTE Trust (FFI) - Research Center
- ImpattoZero Srl - Private Company
- La Strada Società Cooperativa Sociale - NGO
- Sunugal - NGO
- Poliedra - Centro di servizio e consulenza del Politecnico di Milano - Research Center
- IFOA – Istituto Formazione Operatori Aziendali - Training Center
- Mare s.r.l. impresa sociale - NGO
- FOOD PARTNERS SRL - Private Company
1 November 2016 - 31 October 2019
UIA01-378 - OPENAGRI - New skills for new jobs in Peri-Urban Agriculture within the UIA Initiative