The MEDACCR project is promoted by the European Commission under the ERASMUS + program.
Its aim is to encourage cooperation between EU and Partner Countries supporting eligible Partner Countries in addressing challenges in the management and governance of their higher education institutions. The tasks include: improving the quality of higher education, developing new and innovative education programmes, modernising higher education systems through reform policies as well as fostering cooperation across different regions of the world through joint initiatives. MEDACCR is aimed at promoting reforms in higher education systems, modernising policies, governance and strengthening relations between higher education systems and the wider economic and social environment in some countries of the Mediterranean Area.
The objective of the project is setting up and implementing an online Quality Assurance (QA) system and an accreditation system of Engineering Study Programmes (ESPs) in Algeria, Jordan and Tunisia, consistent with the EUR-ACE framework Standards and Guidelines (EAFSG). In detail, MEDACCR objectives:
- To promote the design of student-centred ESPs focused on the deginition of learning outcomes consistent with the programme outcomes shared at European level.
- To bring the internal QA if ESPs into line with the Standards and Guidelines for QA in the European Higher Education Area (ESG).
- To promote transparency and comparability of ESPs through an on-line documentation of their QA.
- To identify/create national centres/agencies for the EUR-ACE accreditation and to promote international recognition of ESPs.
- To sustain the project by agreements with Ministries of Higher Education of the Partner Countries for the recognition / recommendation of EUR-ACE accreditation at national level.
- To disseminate the project results by involvement of the academic and administrative staff of the Partner Countries Universities.
Cineca, as qualified IT University provider, developed a on line application aimed to gather all the informations (on line documentation) according to the QA model defined.
All the HEI involved in the project will use this application as basis for QA implementation.
The E+ project MEDACCR has been funded with support from the European Commission.
Erasmus+ CBHE project 586452-EPP-1-2017
(October 2017- October 2020)