Energy-efficient heterogeneous supercomputing architectures need to be coupled with a radically new software stack capable of exploiting the benefits offered by the heterogeneity at all the different levels (supercomputer, job, node) to meet the scalability and energy efficiency required by Exascale supercomputers.
ANTAREX will solve these challenging problems by proposing a disruptive holistic approach spanning all the decision layers composing the supercomputer software stack and exploiting effectively the full system capabilities (including heterogeneity and energy management).
The main goal of the ANTAREX project is to provide a breakthrough approach to express application self-adaptivity at design-time and to runtime manage and autotune applications for green and heterogenous High Performance Computing (HPC) systems up to the Exascale level.
ANTAREX proposes a holistic approach capable of controlling all the decision layers in order to implement a self-adaptive application optimized for energy efficiency.
- Politecnico di Milano - Italy
- Eidgenoessische Technische Hochschule Zuerich - Switzerland
- Universidade do Porto - Portugal
- Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique - France
- Consorzio Interuniversitario Cineca - Italy
- Vysoka Skola Banska - Technicka Univerzita Ostrava - Czech Republic
- Dompe Farmaceutici Spa - Italy
- Sygic As - Slovakia
Framework Programme: H2020-FETHPC-2014
Start date: 01-09-2015
End date: 31-08-2018
Head of the project at Cineca